Oh, Good Grief

Ramblings of a newly middle-aged woman

8/03/2009

Talk about a downer

Posted by fey1133 |

While going through my personal "box that I throw everything remotely important into" box, searching for my dog Trixie's shot records (time for a trip to the beauty parlor), I came across something I wrote while going through my divorce 8 years ago. Now, trust me on this, I am not a writer in any way, shape or form. I don't compose cute little ditties, wax poetic over life's tragedies like some love struck teen, or send out eloquent thank you cards for whatever occasion that may warrant such. Hell, you're lucky if I go out and BUY you a birthday card, much less sign it with more than a "Love, Angi".

So imagine my surprise when I found, scrawled in my really bad handwriting on a green sheet of notebook paper, this little ball of joy:

Time stops, but keeps rushing forward
Life wasted, but oh such precious things come from it
Fear of leaving, never staying
The world goes on without me

Fight your battles so complacently
Scream your loudest, but always silent
No where to go, no way to stay
Your sleepy eyes awaken

Where did the time go?
Where did my life go?
I open my eyes to look back upon myself
The darkness is passing
The games are now starting
I can't regret my decisions

Good grief, could I have gotten any more depressing? Can you just feel the tragic, life sucking, apparently emo wannabe mood I was in that day? I'll be very thankful if I can go the rest of my days without finding anymore of these little "treasures" hidden about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe