Oh, Good Grief

Ramblings of a newly middle-aged woman

3/12/2009

This is why I'm still single

Posted by fey1133 |

In my attempts to tiptoe back into the dating world after a 23 year hiatus, I've been visiting an online dating site (nope, still not mentioning which one). This was in direct response to the "social experiment" I've mentioned several times already. Now my friends have always told me I'm too picky and I didn't believe them until now. In visiting this site, I became aware of the internal dialog that goes on in my head while I'm checking out the men who frequent the site as well. It sounds like this:

Eww
Too short
Redneck
Hell no
Too short
You have got to be kidding me
Baptist (sorry baptist people)
Likes pop music
Not cool
Too short
Goober
Holy f***
Likes country music
What a geezer!
Too short
And it goes on, and on, and on.............

This, my friends, is why I'm still single.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've always maintained the best dating potential is had in places where common interest is present. Im telling you....take a community college class of something you always wanted to do....you know....art, creative writing whatever. go to lectures and free events at the High Museum or some other cultural hot spot. might find a higher calibre of dude in such an environment.

fey1133 said...

Time, time. It can be such an ugly thing. I know, stop making excuses.

Post a Comment

Subscribe