Oh, Good Grief

Ramblings of a newly middle-aged woman

6/30/2008

Up in smoke

Posted by fey1133 |


So, I quit smoking over a year ago. April 9, 2007 to be exact. I'd been smoking almost a pack a day for 28 years. That's a long ass time. I quit cold turkey and it was actually quite easy. I had come to a point in my life where the expense just didn't work for me anymore. Through recommendations from a couple of online communities and the reviews from Amazon, I'd gotten Alan Carr's The Easy Way To Stop Smoking a few years earlier. Obviously I didn't get the message the first time around, but somehow on the second go 'round the stars aligned, my subconscious had a premonition of times to come (more on that later) and Alan Carr shoved me straight out of leperdom. Yippee!

So, it's been over a year and I'm still smoke-free. Can I have a Hallelujah? Unfortunately, for some reason, I'm getting itchy for a smoke. Not all the time, but every now and then for the past few weeks I've just gotten a massive craving to suck in a big honkin', nasty ass breath of nicotine. Why? I have no clue. Drives me crazy. I understand the "had a couple of pitchers" craving. I understand the "I'm gonna kill my kids" craving. I don't get the cravings that just come out of nowhere while I'm just minding my own business, doing my own thing. Seriously? After all this time? What's up with that? Luckily the urges don't last long so it's not that big of a deal yet. I just keep reminding myself that if I start up again, not only would I qualify for leperdom again, but the lovely 20 lbs I've packed on my fat ass this past year will all have been in vain. God forbid, I wouldn't want to waste that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe