Oh, Good Grief

Ramblings of a newly middle-aged woman

1/27/2009

Observations

Posted by fey1133 |

Well, it's been a week since I started my "social experiment" and I can say that it's been interesting. I'm not quite sure I like it, in fact I'm pretty sure that this is down on the bottom of my "things to do before I die" list.

Here's the thing. I can't read people online. Now I'm fairly gullible to begin with, so that's a big negative for me, but I just assume that people are telling me the truth when they speak to me. I mean, the time it takes for someone to come up with their astounding, amazing, incredible but green lifestyle is unbelievable! But when you're online you can pretend to be anyone. Seriously, besides the stalker plumber, doesn't anyone have a normal job? I'm going to patent a bullshitometer (tm). I'd make a fortune! Hey, it beats buying a lottery ticket. So, here are a few observations I've made in the past week:

  1. No one is who they seem to be online

  2. There are some crazy people out there. Not just regular crazy. I'm talking batshit crazy.

  3. This is probably the most awkward way to meet people ever.

  4. There's a lot of lurking going on on these websites. And this is coming from a lurker pro.

  5. Everyone is down to Earth and laid back. Including me!

  6. Everyone wants someone honest and funny.

  7. People say things online, under the guise of anonymity, that would probably never be said face to face unless you had known each other for more than 48 hours.
For once I'd like to see a profile that states the truth:

"I'm a high strung, fatass bitch who will lie with a smile on my face while I'm screwing your brother. I hate animals, pick my nose in public and have to make visits to the health clinic every 6 weeks for undisclosed reasons."

Wouldn't you just love that? Hmm, maybe I'm on to something.

I think it's fair to state that most people want to meet the love of their life the normal way. You know, in the produce aisle. It's just not happening. For me it's not anyway. We'll see where this takes me. At least it won't be boring. I just need to watch out for stalker plumbers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe